The Kelvedon Branch of the Royal British Legion
invites you to the
SERVICE OF REMEMBRANCE
SUNDAY 12th November 2017 at ST MARY’S CHURCH, KELVEDON
10.45am – At the War Memorial
11.00am – Service of Remembrance in the Church
About the Royal British Legion
The Royal British Legion is the UK’s leading Armed Forces charity and one of its largest membership organisations. Members get together through a network of branches and clubs all over the country and overseas, to participate in social, fundraising and welfare activities.
Legion Membership ensures that:
- Remembrance is kept alive so the sacrifices our brave Service men and women have made are never forgotten.
- The ex-Service community have a voice and that their concerns are brought to the public eye.
- The annual Poppy Appeal is organised in Kelvedon and Feering.
Join the Legion – Kelvedon Branch…this is what we do
The Kelvedon Branch, which includes Feering, was a founder member of the Legion, and inaugurated in 1921. Since then the Branch has regularly supported the aims of the Legion, which safeguards the welfare, interests and memory of the whole Armed Forces family.
Ours is a friendly social group; we hold regular committee meetings, as well as various fundraising and social events. We also organise selling poppies at Remembrance time in Kelvedon and Feering.
Here’s a taster of what we do…
- Remembrance Sunday, Poppy Appeal, Commemorative Services
- Quiz Night
- Royal British Legion Day
- Newmarket Races
- Guest Speaker Evenings
- Informal Drinks to meet and get to know members
- “Going to the Dogs” – Romford Dog Races
- Legion Cake Days
- Summer Event & Christmas Party
You can find details of news and events on our website, in the Kelvedon and Feering Parish magazines, on the village Facebook pages and on our posters.
Did you know?
- Our branch makes regular donations to the County Welfare Fund from the fundraising events we organise.
- In 2015, in Kelvedon and Feering the Poppy contributions amounted to £4,957 which increased to £5,354 in 2016!
Our volunteers are currently out and about selling poppies – do look out for them.
Why join us?
If you care about the welfare of past and present members of the Armed Forces and their families, then please consider joining our Branch. You can also get involved in a range of local activities, make friends and have some fun too!
Everyone is welcome … and anyone can be a member whether you are ex-Armed Forces or not.
You can find out more by contacting the Branch Secretary for information about our branch and how to join:
telephone: 01376 571862
Royal British Legion Kelvedon Branch ~ Making Fundraising “Fun” ~